This is your last chance to feedback on the off shore developer’s proposals for a 15 storey hotel – Southwark Planning’s public consultation closes in 5 days!
Local voices have been ignored at every stage – Not a single change has been made following a huge response from local residents.
Enough is enough – If you haven’t shared your feedback on the proposals yet, please take 2 minutes to complete the response following the instructions below
How to respond to consultation
Go to https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications and search for application 21/AP/2838, click the comments button and complete the form.
It is vital to object using valid planning reasons or you will not be heard.
Key reasons why the application is not considered suitable:
- The development should be a maximum of 6-7 storeys as it is outside the “E&C Central Character Area” and is in the “West Square Character Area”, as set out in the “Elephant and Castle SPD”.
- Height and bulk blocking daylight and sunlight to existing homes in Hayles Buildings, Elliot Row, Oswin Street, Princess Street flats and Perronet House
- Loss of privacy – Density and proximity of offices and hotel rooms which will look into the bedrooms, and flats.
- Children at risk – hotel rooms overlooking a popular playground for young families
- Additional strain from traffic and danger on local roads – Local streets (Oswin, Elliots Row, Brook Drive, Hayles Street, and West Square) will see all traffic. No mitigations for the CS7 junction are proposed on Brook Street.
- Damage the Elliott’s Row and West Square conservation areas, negatively impacting the unique heritage assets, design and character of these areas
More information is available online here
We’ll also be in the pocket park again Saturday 18th September 12noon till 1pm to answer any questions you might have.
Thanks for your support
Stop St George’s Tower Team