17th May 2022 Deadline – LAST CHANCE to comment on application before Southwark Planning decision
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW
Stop St George’s Tower
We’re a grassroots community action group working to make sure the high rise hotel on 21 St George’s benefits local people. Get in touch and let us know your thoughts.
Illustrative view of 21 St George’s Road Development
Plans for high rise hotel tower released
In January 2021, plans for a 15 storey hotel on the corner of St George’s and Oswin Street were shared with local residents and a consultation started by the developers, “Create Real Estate”.
This very dense development will have a significant impact on the local area:
- Loss of privacy, with hotel rooms overlooking homes with views into bedrooms, living rooms, and gardens on Owsin Street, Elliott’s Row, St George’s, Hayles Street, Gaywood Street, Princess Street, Prospect House, Perronet House and Garden Row
- Significantly increased traffic and pollution on local streets, making parking even harder for car owners and streets more dangerous for cyclists and children
- Block sunlight to properties on Gaywood Street, Princess Street, Prospect House, Perronet House and Garden Row
- Damage the Elliott’s Row and West Square conservation areas, negatively impacting the unique heritage assets, design and character of these areas due to the bulk and height of the building
- Increased noise pollution from traffic and building services services
- Set a precedent for high rise buildings in low rise residential areas
But don’t worry! We are a grassroots campaign group working to make sure the development on 21 St George’s benefits local people. In the coming weeks and months we are looking to amplify local voices and influence the proposal to make sure any development makes a positive contribution to our neighbourhood.
We would love to hear from you – email email@example.com if you would like to know more, stay in touch, or get involved.
Following the huge community response to the inappropriate plans on St George’s/ Oswin Street, the Developers resubmitted plans last month. Southwark Council look set to take a decision on the 15 storey hotel imminently – this is your final chance to share your views on the latest plans. Unsurprisingly, they have not addressed the main…Keep reading
The developer has not made any significant changes to their plans for a 15 storey hotel. Now is your last chance to raise these concerns with planning officers before they decide on the application. It is vital to object using valid planning reasons or you will not be heard. Key reasons why the proposals are…Keep reading
Following the huge community response to the inappropriate plans for a 15 Storey Hotel on St George’s/ Oswin Street, the Developers have submitted an update to their plans. This included: Admitting that they mislead planning officers in their application about the location of the development (to the developer’s benefit) Confirming that the 15 storey hotel…Keep reading
Create Real Estate shared plans for a 15 storey hotel with c. 90 rooms, 700m office space, and commercial space. The development is called 21 St George’s Road.
The planned timeline is:
- December 2020 – public consultation launched, meeting local stakeholders
- February 2021 – details shared and follow up with local stakeholders
- Early 2021 – Target planning application submission
- Mid-Late 2021 – Planning determination
- 2022 – Commencement of works
- 2024 – Completion and operation
Very little other information has been shared about the development so far – information on the height and designs of the tower has not yet been shared.
The public consulation on their website is open, although you need to provide text feedback in the box.